Transport for Wales
ASLEF members at 16 train operating companies (TOCs) - including Avanti, CrossCountry, Great Western Railway and West Midlands Trains, who all run services in/out of Wales - will not be working any overtime from Monday 3 July to Saturday 8 July inclusive.
The National Union of Rail, Maritime, and Transport Workers (RMT) has announced strike action at 14 Train Operating Companies (not including TfW) on Thursday 20 July, Saturday 22 July and Saturday 29 July.
Transport for Wales (TfW) is not involved in industrial action by members of the train driver’s union ASLEF and members of the National Union of Rail, Maritime, and Transport Workers (RMT).
TfW services will be running but other train operators' services across the whole of Wales, England and Scotland will be limited. Some of our services are likely to be extremely busy as a result of the severely-reduced timetable put in place by other operators.
The following dates are affected by this industrial action:
- Monday 3 July to Saturday 8 July inclusive
- Thursday 20 July
- Saturday 22 July
- Saturday 29 July
Please check your entire journey, including services operated by other rail operators as their service level may differ to Transport for Wales.
Monday 3 July to Saturday 8 July inclusive
As a result of the overtime ban among ASLEF members at 16 train operating companies, timetables at those operators may be subject to amendments in advance or short-notice changes.
TfW services will run as timetabled, but services may be busier than usual due to the industrial action taking place at the operators, particularly on the routes below:
- Carmarthen - Swansea - Bridgend - Cardiff Central - Newport - Severn Tunnel Junction
- Gloucester - Cheltenham
- North Wales - Chester - Crewe - Manchester
- Shrewsbury - Birmingham International
Unfortunately, we are unable to update the Traveline Cymru Journey Planner, Timetable and Travel Map page to reflect real time information regarding bus and rail services affected by the Industrial Action.
Disruptions are expected on the days prior and after the industrial action. Due to the large-scale disruption on rail and bus, it is possible that road and bus travel will be impacted. Please expect busy services, delays, and cancellations.
- Visit the Transport for Wales website for further information here.
- To check the situation on the roads, please visit Traffic Wales.
- For information about the situation on the Severn Bridge, visit the Severn Bridge website.
- Follow us on Twitter @TravelineCymru as we tweet and retweet Industrial Action updates.
- If in doubt, please contact your operator directly, contact details here.